The City of Citrus Heights is evaluating the feasibility of creating a paved trail system within the creek corridors and ways that a trail could fit within the neighborhoods. Paved trails would create better access for walkers, cyclists and for those who use wheelchairs or other assisted means. Paved trails would also create various recreational opportunities (hiking, nature walks, cycling, etc) as well as safer routes to schools, parks and/or work by alternative transportation means. Lastly, paved trails also permits utility maintenance workers, police and fire fighters, easier access to the creek corridor.
Please click here to access the draft feasibility study.
The City’s goals for the study include:
- provide connections to key destinations for cyclists and pedestrians
- improve access to the creek corridors for all residents
- increase opportunities for safe recreational walking and biking opportunities
- increase transportation choices within the City
Comments are now closed. Thank you for your valuable feedback!
View proposed trail segments in your neighborhood!
Click on each neighborhood area on the map to view proposed trail segments within your neighborhood and provide specific feedback.
- Area 1 – Northwest Neighborhood
- Area 2 – Rusch Park Neighborhood
- Area 3 – Citrus Heights Association Number Three (CHANT)
- Area 4 – Arcade Creek Neighborhood
- Area 5 – Park Oaks Neighborhood
- Area 6 – Sunrise Ranch Neighborhood
- Areas 7 & 8 – Citrus Heights Area Seven and Eight (CHASE)
- Area 9 – Sunrise Oaks Neighborhood
- Area 10 – Sylvan Old Auburn Road (SOAR)
- Area 11 – Birdcage Heights Neighborhood